Our engaged workforce is the cornerstone of our business and the reason why we strive to deliver a workplace in which our professionals feel safe, heard, and equipped to succeed. We have dedicated our people-focused strategy to what we call the Exceptional Employee Experience (EEE). From our unwavering commitment to Goal Zero, to our robust training and development programs, and our determination to provide consistent and transparent communication, we have built an incredibly unique culture of professionals who genuinely care about each other and the work they do.
Our professionals trust that their safety is paramount, and they have the training and expertise required to do the jobs they are asked. We are committed to investing in the competency, development, and well-being of our professionals. We work every day to exceed our professionals' expectations, starting with fostering a corporate culture that feels like a community.
STEP believes in giving back to its local communities through charitable foundations, events, and activities that are aligned with our core values. Priorities include giving back to communities and supporting numerous charities in our operational areas.
- Safety is our number ONE priority and first core value
- ASAP - Always Safe Always Professional - is practiced and reinforced each day
- 9.5% decrease of our Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) compared to 2020
- Lost Time Injury Rate (LTIR) was 0.00
- 22 million km driven by our professionals in 2021; 92% reduction of motor vehicle incident rate from 2019 to 2021
- Safety audit score - 93% (2021 COR audit score)
- Robust training and development programs from our intensive onboarding and safety training to leadership development courses
- 29,246 hours of training taken by STEP professionals
- 137 leaders have completed unconscious bias training as a part of our leadership training
- STEP is the only oilfield services company in Alberta with a provincially licensed driving school which helps professionals attain their Class 1 license. 17 professionals received their Class 1 license in 2021
- Since its inception, STEP professionals have raised approximately $600,000 for charities across North America through the annual Christmas Spirit Campaign
- We have a deep-rooted community and financial partnership with Red Deer College, STARS and IMPACT Society
An important part of our commitment to the communities in which we operate involves working in collaboration with Indigenous communities in Canada to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships based on transparency, trust, mutual respect and accountability. STEP Energy Services’ growing Indigenous Engagement and Relations program is reflective of our corporate values and commitment to the communities in which we work.
STEP has partnered with IMPACT Society in support of their HEROES are Warriors program which champions positive social impact in Canadian Indigenous communities. IMPACT has a long history of building mental wellness and emotional resiliency in youth and families through their HEROES® programs. They have expanded this program to support Indigenous communities in their desire to achieve mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
The partnership helps to facilitate the continuation of IMPACT’s work and delivery of the HEROES are Warriors program to a number of Indigenous communities in Western Canada. Investment in this meaningful program, one that provides positive mental wellness, socio-economic benefits and promotes the sustainability of neighboring Indigenous communities, supports our company’s, and ultimately the energy industry’s, commitment to reconciliation.
If you would like to get involved or learn more about IMPACT Society and their programs, follow the link here.
As part of this program, STEP aims to:
- Engage with indigenous communities in, or close to STEP's areas of operation in a timely, interactive and culturally appropriate manner, to listen and understand ideas, issues and concerns.
- Foster Indigenous peoples’ participation in our workforce through employment and contracting opportunities.
- Work with communities to identify community investment opportunities that support Indigenous peoples and communities.
- Ensure that all STEP professionals participate in culture awareness training to enhance their understanding of Indigenous peoples, culture and traditions.
Bow Valley Square II
1200, 205 - 5th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2V7
USA: View Office Listings
Canada: View Office Listings