We are committed to finding solutions that mitigate the environmental impact of our operations, minimize our footprint, and help our clients meet their environmental goals, without compromising the delivery of our exceptional client service. Priorities include reducing diesel consumption and water use, and mitigating the potential of spills.
- Reduce diesel consumption and emissions:
- We partnered a client in the WSCB to convert an entire fleet of pressure pumping units from conventional diesel to Tier 4 dual-fuel reflecting our shared commitment to reduce the emissions intensity of our operations
- Tier 4 dual-fuel engines allow clients to displace up to 85% of the diesel consumed during operations with cleaner burning natural gas; this fleet can can reduce operational diesel consumption by approximately 70% compared to a Tier 2 convential diesel fleet
- Our Electric Powered Integrated Combo (EPIC) unit combines four pieces of equipment required for fracturing operations (hydration, blender, chem storage, and data van) into one unit; this unit, when used as a part of STEP-XPRS spread decreases fuel consumption and associated emissions by up to 30% compared to a conventional fracturing fleet
- Idle reduction technology has been incorporated into the Canadian fleet which reduces idle time, fuel consumption and associated emissions
- STEP designed super b-trains transport 11% more tonnes of proppant to job sites which reduces diesel consumption, minimizes footprint, and reduces the number of trucks on the road
- Helped client reduce their use of fresh water; 100% of STEP's fracturing fluid systems can use produced water and other types of non-fresh water